Monday, January 16, 2012

Identity theft in my garden?


Obviously we do not eat sage enough, because I find myself feeling rather indifferent when my sage started to blossom.  In fact, I was pretty happy about having less tasty leaves after a Google search--sage flowers are supposed to be really pretty with their pink/purple color. 

But why my sage has very different flowers?!  As you can see from the picture, they are not only white but also fuzzy and nothing like what I have expected!  Besides its surprising flowers, it looks like a sage and tastes like a sage (and goes very well with pumpkin risotto and blue cheese).

I did check other cultivars of sage online, and at least some of them do have white flowers, but still I am not so sure about the fuzzy presentation.  I remain utterly puzzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment